Main Article Content
The angklung is a traditional musical instrument from West Java, Indonesia. It can be played both individually and in groups. Playing the angklung requires precision in terms of tempo, rhythm, pitch, and beats to ensure that the music aligns with the intended song and is enjoyable to listen to. Therefore, not everyone can play the angklung, as it demands skill to achieve the right tempo, pitch, rhythm, and beats. To address this issue, a solution was developed, which involved creating a system and device capable of playing the angklung automatically. In this research, a system was designed to move the angklung automatically, simulating a robot, and it is referred to as the "angklung robot." This angklung robot consists of a set of 16 notes, and the electrical components used include an Arduino Mega 2560 as the microcontroller, a 16-channel relay module, motor drivers, a micro SD module. To play a song, the device uses a score file that has been converted and stored on a micro SD card, adjusting the tempo to match the desired Beats Per Minute (BPM).Through several experiments, the angklung robot successfully played 10 pre-composed songs with a 100% accuracy rate. According to the opinions of 10 music enthusiasts who were surveyed, the level of accuracy in which the angklung robot played the songs was 90%.This innovation brings automation to the traditional art of playing the angklung, making it accessible to a wider audience and ensuring consistent and precise musical performances.
Copyright (c) 2023 Agung Rizaldi Wicaksono, Joko Subur, Muhammad Taufiqurrohman
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
2. Y. Rahayani and B. MacGill, "The Angklung: The Maintenance of Indonesian Cultural," Journal of Public Pedagogies, no. 2, pp. 6-11, 2017.
3. Y. Indrawaty, M. Ichwan and A. Erlangga, "Pengembangan Simulasi Pola Memainkan Angklung," Jurnal Informatika, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 12-20, 2013.
4. D. H. D. Saputro, J. Subur and M. Taufiqurrohman, "Identifikasi Posisi Robot Quadpod pada Arena Pertandingan Menggunakan Jaringan Syaraf Tiruan - Algoritma Backpropagation," PROtek : Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Elektro , vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 72-77, 2020.
5. B. D. R. Putra and A. P. W. Wibowo, "Rancangan Kontrol Alat Musik Angklung Menggunakan Arduino, Esp8266 Dan Android," Joint : Journal of Information Technologi, vol. 01, no. 01, pp. 11-14, 2019.
6. L. I. S. Widorini, R. Hasibuan and R. Trihariastuti, "The Effect of Angklung Musical Instrument on the Ability to Recognize Number Symbols and Fine Motorik of Children Aged 5-6 Years," International Journal of Trends in Mathematics Education Research., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 40-42, 2019.
7. Suryadhi and J. Subur, "Pengaturan Kecepatan Motor Penggerak Propeller pada Kapal Menggunakan Metode PID dan MA Filter," Zetroem, vol. 04, no. 02, pp. 1-6, 2022.
8. "www.arduino.cc : website mikrokontroler arduino," [Online].
9. E. Prastyo, "Driver Motor L298N. Arduino Indonesia," Arduino Indonesia, 11 januari 2023.
10. E. Pitowarno and D. Hardjo, Robotika : Desain , Kontrol, dan Kecerdasab Buatan, Yogyakarta: Andi, 2006.
11. M. A. R. Pratama, S. M. Dr. Rizki Ardianto P. and S. M. Dr. Sony Sumaryo, "PACMAN GAME WITH SD CARD AS GAME STORAGE MEDIA ON FPGA-BASED GAME CONSOLE," in e-Proceeding of Engineering, 2019.
12. A. I. Maryandika, "Sistem Proteksi Brankas Berpasword Menggunakan Magnetic Doorlock Sebagai Penggerak Doorstrike Berbasis Mikrokontroller," Universitas Negeri Semarang, Semarang, 2012.
13. T. S. Damayanti YE, "Pengaruh Kemampuan Membaca Notasi Terhadap Hasil Belajar Ekstrakurikuler Ansambel Pianika di SMP Negeri 36 Semarang," Jurnal Seni Musik, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 9-22, 2017.
14. Z. Lu, J. Li and Z. Yao, "The reading/writing SD card system based on FPGA," in t International Conference on Pervasive Computing, Signal Processing and Applications, 2010.